REGION : Maussane-les-Alpilles – Alpilles
AMBIANCE : Provençal
STYLE : Countryside
CATEGORY : Hors catégorie
ROOMS : From 4 to 8 rooms
Your house with flowers on arrival and a souvenir gift before leaving
Due southern France, towards the Alpilles massif, in the heart of the triangle formed by Arles, Avignon and Aix-en-Provence. The journey will take you into the Provence of Marcel Pagnol, Peter Mayle, the eternal hum of cicadas, lavender breezes, and centuries-old olive trees dotted across three charming villages: Maussane-les-Alpilles, Paradou, and Les Baux-de-Provence.
The Domaines de Chabran is comprised of four distinctive houses for rent, all within a few kilometers of each other: Mas de Chabran, Bastide de Fléchon, Mas Estello and Bastide de Calabrun. This collection of homes with character, all singular and unique, was designed by architects Alain and Liliana Meylan. Having fallen under the spell of Mas de Chabran, an 18th-century building and former oil mill flanked by two horse stables, the couple began by tastefully restoring the premises in the spirit of curating a luxurious and highly comfortable second home. The other three houses followed suit. Designed around the central themes of enjoying an airy, modern, bohemian, sophisticated stay in Provence, each property mixes past and present in its own way, with a renewed blend of stone, natural plaster, leather, rattan, old beams and precious fabrics. Furniture sourced in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue sits alongside antique doors and sculptures from India, as well as contemporary works of art and designer pieces. All perfectly balanced, it echoes a chic European summer without pomp nor circumstance. In other words, it is an ideal place for feeling at home and discovering the French art of living and lounging in Provence, with the modern amenities we’ve come to know and love… a heated pool, lush gardens, and 4* services.
MAS DE CHABRAN – 8 bedrooms (16 people) – 8 bathrooms – Heated swimming pool, air conditioning, vegetable garden, ping-pong table, outdoor dining room, professional kitchen, dining room, lounge with fireplace, library, games room, gym, sauna, massage room, laundry room and the possibility for horse people to bring their own mounts…
MAS ESTELLO – 4 bedrooms (8 people) – 4 bathrooms – Heated infinity pool, air conditioning, pétanque court, gym, outdoor dining room, outdoor lounge with brazier, closed garage, sauna, massage room, laundry room, two south-facing terraces…
BASTIDE CALABRUN – 5 rooms (10 people) – 5 bathrooms – Heated saltwater pool, pétanque court, outbuilding, outdoor dining room, outdoor living room with brazier, TV lounge…
BASTIDE DE FLECHON – 5 rooms (8 people) – 5 bathrooms – Heated saltwater pool, air conditioning, pétanque court, pool house with gas barbecue, outdoor dining room, outdoor lounge, ping-pong table, TV lounge, laundry room…
BREAKFAST – Served daily as a buffet in each house, it consists exclusively of local produce.
CONCIERGERIE – On request, the team can arrange transfers, a private chef, babysitter, coaches (fitness, tennis, yoga…), therapists, masseurs, pottery classes, boat excursions, etc…
– Horse or carriage rides (the Academy of Equestrian Art is just across the road from Mas de Chabran), on foot or by bike (muscle or electric-assist) to discover the landscapes, flora and fauna of the Alpilles.
– Golf (Servanes in Mouriès, Baux de Provence, Pont Royal in Mallemort…)
– Museums (Yves Brayer, santons, Frédéric Mistral…)
– Provencal markets
– Cultural and immersive experience at the heart of the Carrières de Lumière
– Wine and olive-growing estate tours: Domaine de Valdition, Château Romanin, Domaine d’Eole, Château d’Estoublon, Moulin Cornille…
– Heritage tours of the village and château of Les Baux-de-Provence, the chapel of Saint-Sixte in Eygalières, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (archaeological site of Glanum, home of the famous astrologer Nostradamus, Hôtel de Sade…), Fontvielle (Montmajour abbey, Alphonse Daudet’s mill, Château de Barbentanne…).
– Chic porcelaine finds and artsy antique shops in L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
– Fine dining (Maison Drouot, L’Aupiho*, Bistrot du Paradou, Restaurant de Tourrel*, Auberge de Saint-Rémy-de-Provence by Fanny Rey and Jonathan Wahid, Maison Hache*, La Mirande*, Pollen*, Numéro 75…
– Escapes to Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Arles, Nîmes, Les Baux-de-Provence, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Fontvieille, Marseille…